About The Artist
Click here for Deanne's website
Deanne has been teaching for over 30 years and has been painting since childhood. She has gained national recognition in watercolor and oil and is a Signature Member of the "American Watercolor Society", the "National Watercolor Society", the "Northwest Watercolor Society and "Oil Painters of America.
Deanne is considered a master painter in both watercolor and oil, which is unusual to be gifted in both mediums and excel at the highest level. Additionally she paints every subject under the sun ie: landscapes, still life, figure, marina scenes, and portraits and some listed here have been accepted into National shows and award credits.
Her tutelage from instructors is a "Whose Who" in the art world and most notably with Russian born painter and instructor, Sergei Bongart where she studied under scholarship, also William F. Reese, Jerry Stitt, Charles Reid, Rex Brandt, Joan Irving and Robert Wood. She is considered an impressionist painter with the main influence from Russian Impressionism and it is apparent in her works today.
Deanne has won many national and regional shows including:
- Accepted into National show, The American Watercolor Society, NYC 2018 with "Corner Flower Market"
- Published in the 148th annual International Exhibition, American Watercolor Society, 2015 catalog, (page 33) with "Newport Harbor".
- Accepted and exhibited in Oil Painters of America, 2015 Western Regional Exhibition, Colorado.
- Award of Excellence Ted Goerschner National Exhibition Oil Painters Of America 2014
- Oil Painters of America, National Exhibition, Fredericksburg Texas, Ensign Gallery 2013
- Toured three years in a row with American Watercolor Society, NYC, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Northwest Watercolor Society, 2nd Place 2008
- American Watercolor Society NYC, Mario Cooper and Dale Meyers Medal Award 2005
- Certificate of Excellence – Holbien Award S.W.A. 24th International Exhibition 2005
- American Watercolor Society High Winds Award 2004
- Salmagundi Club Exhibition/Certificate of Merit, Oil Painting 2004
- American Watercolor National Exhibition, New York 2003
- Juried Invitational Art Exhibit – Midland Texas
- Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors 2002
- Florence and Samuel Slater Memorial Award
- American Watercolor National Exhibition, New York 2001
- American Plains Artists 1999
- Louisiana Watercolor Society Award National Exhibition 1999
- The Edgar Degas Pastel Award
- Watercolor West International 1999
- Awarded – Certificated of Merit
- Northwest Watercolor Show International 1999
- Awarded – Northwest Gallery Award – Seattle, Washington
- International Exhibit – Certificate of Award 2002
- Montana Watercolor Society National Juried Competition
- Midwest Watercolor Society National Competition, Wisconsin
- Awarded; Grumbacher Gold Medallion Award
- New England Watercolor Society North American Open Show – Boston MA
- San Diego Watercolor Society International Exhibition – San Diego, CA
- American Watercolor National Exhibition, New York 1998